Friday, March 27, 2009

Billboard Hits Of 2009

The other day I got it in my head to get in touch with the kids and download some popular music to see just what it is the teenagers were listening too. While perusing Mininova I came across a file titled 'Billboard hits of 2009'. This struck me as oddly entertaining so I was like okay.

First off it's March. How can there be 100 hits already? Is the rest of the year screwed. Regardless this is what I learned.

1. Pink is still making music.

2. So is Britney Spears

3. Every song features T.I

4. Out of 100 songs there were only 6 that I actually liked and they all featured either T.I, Justin Timberlake or T-Pain.

5. Beyonce is full of herself

6. Kids these days like whiney music. (and there was a Lifehouse song in the 100 and that scared me because they were the biggest mistake of 2000 when No Name Face came out and people thought 'hey these guys aren't bad'.

7. Bands really like to synthasize their voices. Apparently sounding like a robot is cool.

8. It is popular to have lyrics about popping champagne

9. Adele was the only female that could actually sing. (oh and lily allen)

10. Katy Perry should be shot in the face. (how does she have three hits?)


Take from this what you will.

And a confusing part of the below pie chart is the biggest section is 'pop' yet there is another section titled 'teen pop'. Are not pop and teen pop the same?

1 comment:

Monsieur Muckety Muck Muck said...

Number 8 is funny because its true.