Thursday, March 19, 2009

Grunge Reduex

I have a few things to say about this as well, and here they are.
Not only did grunge bring us plaid and ripped jeans, but it also gave us wearing long underwear under our ripped jeans. Do you remember this? I think because I grew up in the nineties I find that waffle like material of long underwear oddly comforting. It also gave us the angsty teenage attitude. This was all grunge. Grunge is to the nineties as Emo is to the new millennium (what the fuck do you call the 2000's anyways...zero zeros?
Think about it.
Before the nineties, and grunge music, the only angsty teens were the punk rockers, and they were violent and really weren't so much angsty as they were mean. Thank you grunge for putting the acoustic guitar into the teens hands and teaching how to write suicide music.
To all the Emo kids on the street I want to yell, 'I was depressed long before you were, that was so 1994.'
Some maybe wondering where the word grunge came from, it was actually the lead singer of the band Green River (and later Mudhoney) that is credited for using it first. Do you want to know where those bands were from? Seattle (as Christene previously mentioned) which was the epicentre for grunge bands.

Some note worthy bands that turned the world around:
Nirvana (most famous and most fucked)
Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
Pear Jam
Screaming Trees
The Melvins
These were all of the Seattle area, crazy? Indeed.
noteworthy outside of Seattle?
One of my personal favorites Stone Temple Piolets

From the way I am talking it sounds as though grunge did no wrong...oh they did plenty wrong and that was HOLE and Courtney Love. Fuck that bitch is annoying, and very unpleasant to look at. Just the thought of her living on the same planet as me makes me want to hang myself.

And sadly I do believe it was grunge that was responsible for bands like Creed, Nickleback, Puddle Of Mud and Staind. These bands were called post-grunge. And they were (and still are for that matter) shit.


No comments: