Sunday, September 7, 2008

So I Smell A Come-back?

As a chubby awkward thirteen year old I would sit on my bed and watch the opening scene of Kuffs over and over again....You know the scene, the one where Christian Slater is dancing around half naked to "The Futures So Bright I got To Wear Shades" (by Timbuk 3). I am not too sure what it is about C-Slate, maybe its the cool hair, or the sexy voice, the hot body....I can't pin point it but still 11 years later I am still drawn the to charismatic little fucker...

It seemed when Christian was young he was given the cream of the crop of movies, such amazing films like Pump Up The Volume, Heathers, Kuffs, Untamed Hearts, Very Bad Things and Bed of Roses....but then something happened....something called the millennium...no seriously the dude hasn't done a good film since the year 2000....And it saddens me to no end.

Well now its 2008 and I have been itching for a Christian Slater come back for years...I need to feast my eyes on the face I once knew by memory and the TV gods have complied and have delivered forth My Own Worst Enemy(a new TV show featuring the one and only Slater)....I am hoping its good and shoots C-Slate back to fame and fortune so that I can see him shirtless more....
(On a side note do you think the creator of Saved By The Bell loved Christian Slater and that's why they gave AC his last name Slater?)

No comments: