Sunday, January 25, 2009

It was a Teenage Wedding and the Old Folks Wished them well

Alright Christene, first off is My Best Friends Birthday , than Resivoir Dogs, True Romance, Pulp Fiction, Natural born Killers....
we gots some gold to watch.

This is my gripe.
Why do people insist that Pulp Fiction is Tarantino's best flick? Because it's not. Almost all of them are better. Everyone loves the scene where John Travolta and Uma Thurman dance to Chuck Berry's Teenage Wedding. This is all they talk about. They never want to give it up. Come to terms with it people it's not his best movie.

My personal favorites are Jackie Brown, because it had Pam Grier in it and Coffey truly is the color of her skin and Resivoir Dogs because it had Harvey Keitel (need I say more. I think not).
Though I also feel that True Romance is under rated (Come on people it has Christian Slater how can you go wrong) and Natural Born Killers is comedy gold.
I am a huge fan of Woody Harrelson. He was one of the only reasons I watched Cheers.

Another gripe I have is when Grindhouse came out everyone was talking about Death Proof and how Quentin Tarantino is a god well to be honest Planet Terror was better and Robert Rodreguez deserves props for this it.

Whatever. I'm in.

2 comments:

C-Stene said...

Oh, Snap.
I suppose we'll just agree to disagree on the whole Grindhouse topic.
But I MUST say, I agree with you on the whole Pulp Fiction front.

Rebs @ Book-Rants said...

I've never even seen Pulp Fiction..but now I know that it's not his best..I'm not in any rush.