Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pretty Woman

Today at lunch we were discussing Pretty Woman, and it really isn't a feasible movie. For one I don't know any rich people who fall in love with the hookers they use. Okay fine I don't know any rich people.
My mother hates the movie Pretty Woman because she says it glorifies prostitution.
I like the fact that Vivianne had morals because she didn't kiss on the mouth, but that rule didn't take long to go out the window. She is so quirky and charming that Richard Gere's character can't resist her?
Whatever. I call bullshit.
I hated Kit in the movie. I wanted to rip her head off. She spent their rent money, what a bitch.
Now that i have gotten to thinking about the movie I am on the fence about whether I like it or not. I am leaning towards I hate t because it just seems stupid and I even get annoyed when I think about the scene in the bathroom where she is singing the Prince song.
And the scene that EVERYONE loves where she goes back to the store where they snubbed her and says "Big Mistake...huge" Shut up Pretty Woman, you are wasting your breath, they still don't want your STD riddled body in their clothes.
Oh right she was a safe girl and she kept the jimmys in her boot. Shut up.
Personally I liked your trampy prostie clothes more than I liked the hoitty toitty ones she bought on Rodeo Drive. She just looked stupid in those hates.


On a side note I have never seen American Gigolo...

3 comments:

C-Stene said...

When she wears her hooker clothes, Vivian looks like she stinks like mouldly strawberries and crack pipes.

C-Stene said...

And do you remember when we were coming up with alternate titles for Pretty Woman?

"Man buys whore and then people won't let her shop"

Tee said...

"Whore refuses to kiss on mouth but then she does"