Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oh Look! My pee is blue!

The other day I got to thinking about Screaming Saucers....

When I was a kid, I refused to try them just because A) they were popular and B) they looked as if they had an artificial berry flavour of some sort. (And if you know me, you know of my extreme hatred for any artificial berry flavors.)
Also, they scared the shit out of me.
Any candy that will turn your insides blue can not be a good idea. I remember kids on the playground eating them then sticking their tongues out, because these evil candies of death turned them blue. I've got another way to turn your tongue blue, kids. It's called hypothermia.
I remember this one kid used to brag on the playground about how screaming saucers turned his pee blue.
Wow. What an accomplishment. Someone get this kid a sash. Maybe a Nobel prize of some sort.
Urine is supposed to be yellow. If you pee any other color but yellow, it means you have some sort of medical condition, and should probably go to the hospital.
Then one day, it was all over for screaming saucers. My school had banned them and all of the unfit parents who used to let their kids eat them non-stop were reprimanded.
I think I was the only kid in my entire school who remained un-affected by this ban. There were kids on the playground kicking stuff, crying, yelling, picketing, etc.
I hadn't seen such an uprising since the great snap-bracelet ban of 1992.
I just sat there and watched.

Dumb kids.

No comments: