Thursday, November 27, 2008

On The Inside Of The Outside

I'm hip. I get it. And I love it.
When I was growing up I longed to be able to go back in time, I was positive that I should have been born in 1943 so that I could have experianced the 50's and 60's for myself. My dad use to take me to Jukebox Junction and I would get to buy 45's with my monies, and this was my life. I listened to oldies watched grease and Rebel without a Cause every singe day. But there was one thing, ONE THING that I was IN LOVE WITH.
The Outsiders.

I read the book a thousand times.
And when I saw the movie, it blew my mind.
To this day I wish I could have lived in that house with those boys.
That was one hot cock fest. Not only do you have a young Tom Cruise, Emilio Estevez and Patrick Swayze. And you have the Karate Kid. And the icing on the cake? Your eyes also get treated to ROB LOWE and MATT DILLION. (Side note what the hell ever happened to Matt Dillion?)
Who organized this cast? They deserve an award, a huge fucking cookie.
Never has there been a movie to rival this beauty.
Sure Dallas was an asshole, and Two-bit Matthews always wore the same mickey mouse shirt, and maybe Darry had a bad temper, but you can look past all of that because they are pretty.
And finally....Sodapop Curtis....Will you marry me?

1 comment: