Tuesday, December 23, 2008

This Dates Me

It's the eve of christmas eve and all through the house not a creature was stirring except my cat who is trying to chew the bows off the presents. While I sit on the couch while my....boyfriend...for lack of a better word yells at the TV because the hockey game isn't going the way he wanted.
This brings me back to something I wanted to talk to you about...don't get me wrong it has nothing to do with hockey and everything to do with the terms "far out" "bogus" and "righteous".
I know a certain girl who likes to bring the bogus out from time to time, but using these terms/phrases severely dates you. For example I was on the skytrain and these funky hair colored, tight jean, dark eye make up girls are staring at me. The keep smiling at me and I am pretty sure they wanted to make me their new den mother. It was as if they were looking at me and thinking 'Hey You can be an old bitch AND still have a piercing and a cool bag" They wanted to show me to their mothers and be like 'See mom just because we're weird doesnt mean we cant function in the world" anyways I began thinking about how if I used the term Righteous on them they would most likely look at me like I was an alien.
I am starting to feel old...like when people say they were born in the nineties. WAIT hold up...back this archaic bus up and put it in park, you were born in the nineties.
The nineties arent something you are suppose to be born in, the nineties are somehting you flourish in, or survived through.
And while I think these thoughts on transportation I realize these little ratty haired brats probably dont know what Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure is, or who Christopher Lloyd is, or madonna use to wear a cone bra, or that Degrassi isn't from the olden days.
Think about this....I most likely have more in common with these thirteen year olds mothers than I do with them. SCARY.

2 comments:

C-Stene said...

I don't use the word "bogus", the word "Bogus" uses me.

domestic foul said...

You would make the coolest Den Mother ever. Think of the education you could offer those brats--useful truths like how you really don't need grade 11 math and sleeping with teenage boys is a waste of time ...Of course you could also use your power for evil and have them walking around saying things that could get them beaten up, like 'I'm so stoked about that new emo band';)